CUBE IS ORGANISED BY A4MT
In the span of one year, participating companies commit to reducing their energy consumption.
With the possibility to register one or more buildings, they mobilize their teams on energy saving practices.
Download the contest presentation
ALL ABOUT THE CHAMPIONSHIP
A building’s energy consumption is the product of three factors: the intrinsic thermal qualities of the construction, the technical-operational performance, and the good/poor usage practices of the occupants. While it is easy to work on the first two technical aspects, it is harder to “work on” the human factor, or leading the occupants to a responsible usage of the space.
The Championshing for better Usage and Building Efficiency (CUBE) is a general interest initiative, aiming to help commercial building users to efficiently reduce their energy consumption by deploying use-levers, better steering and operations, and by providing a fun and motivational competition setting among the candidates.
How does it work?
For a period of one year, the users of the buildings entered in the competition will have to achieve energy savings compared to a reference consumption determined from the consumption of previous years. To do this, the occupants will be able to improve their operation, implement light technical actions and carry out eco-gestures (e.g.: better control of energy according to actual usage).
Based on the monthly energy bills declared by the candidate buildings, the energy savings will give rise to a monthly ranking by competition category, then to a final ranking and prizes. For new, recently renovated or high-performance buildings, a specific podium will consist in getting as close as possible to a threshold value determined according to the methodology used in the tertiary decree.
The buildings in the competition will also be awarded medals (bronze, silver, gold or platinum) according to the achievement of absolute energy savings thresholds (regardless of their ranking).
The competition will be accompanied by a major communication campaign to highlight the organizations involved and the best results.
By applying for the competition, the company or organization involved expressly authorizes A4MT to use its company name, its logo (the “distinctive signs”), and the number of buildings in competition, in the context of the production of the competition newsletter or the launch and closing events. The Distinctive Signs may be used, grouped with those of all the candidates, on any communication medium dedicated to the competition.
Sincerity of the consumption data
The candidates commit themselves to the sincerity of their declarations. The data declared for the purpose of the competition will be auditable upon request by the organizers. The winning candidates of a category will be audited by the organization of the contest on the entirety of the declared data.
To register for the competition, go to the ‘Registration’ page on the CUBE website.
The application consists of:
- Entering the contact details of the committed company or organization that seeks to register (a) building(s)
- Proceeding with payment to cover the registration fee
- Registering the candidate building(s)!
Candidate Resource Kits
A CUBE communication kit is given to the candidates (in electronic form). It contains the following various documents:
- “CUBE Candidate Company” and “competing buildings” logos, which can be used in the internal and external communication of the company, posters, stickers, etc.
- Technical instructions
- A deployment guide
- Feedback from previous phases
The committed companies/organizations are allowed to communicate internally or externally about their participation in the contest CUBE with the supplied communications support.
If the first priority is to mobilize the occupants, the optimization of the operation is strongly recommended: adjustment of the setpoint temperatures, programming of the BMS as accurately as possible, optimization of computer resources (turning off unused devices, elimination of standby), implementation of local controls (switches), etc.
If heavy works concerning energy performance are excluded during the year preceding the competition which aims above all to improve the buildings in occupation, the building, after one year of competition, optimized on the uses and its piloting, will be in an ideal situation to consider them.
Communications & Events throughout the competition
Continuous communication, updates & events are provided to candidates from the beginning to the end of the contest. Some examples of what this will consist of:
- Three CUBE informational candidate meetings
- Press releases during key moments (to announce rankings, progress made, provide interviews, articles, etc.)
- A launch event
- An Awards Ceremony
- News about the challenge in the media by our media partners
The candidate representatives (national contacts) receive our updates & are invited to our various events. Throughout the contest, the best stories, candidate interviews, and the most original initiatives are highlighted in our newsletters & shared with all candidates periodically.
A COMPETITION WHERE EVERYONE
IS A WINNER!
SAVE 5 to 25% on
your annual energy bill
PROMOTE a sustainable
MOBILISE your teams
for a good cause
while having fun
TAKE ADVANTAGE of the media
gained with CUBE
YOUR PARTICIPANT PACKAGE
- Access to the interface that tracks your consumption (compared to previous years), your progress, your savings and competition rankings
- Provision of a communications kit for internal and external use (logos, posters, etc.) to display and promote your participation
- The right to communicate on your participation
- The possibility of organising an internal “sub-competition” between several buildings from the same company/organisation
- A good practice guide and feedback from the first editions of the competition
- Media partner broadcasts
- An invitation to the opening and closing ceremonies
- Participation in 4 half-days to shed light on energy performance levers in commercial buildings
PRIZES & AWARDS
Participating buildings are placed into categories,
and earn individual medals
based on progress in their category.
- Platinum Medalmore than 25% energy savings,
- Gold medal20 to 25% savings ,
- Silver medal 15 to 20% savings,
- Bronze medal 10 to 15% energy savings.
The winners of each category
earn the top three prizes on the podium
CUBE OF GOLD, SILVER
CATEGORIES & PRIZES
Categories of the CUBE contest
The contest organizers assign the various tertiary buildings in the categories in which they will compete, from the information entered during registration, to the following categories:
- Category of certified office buildings in operation (HQE, BREEAM In Use, ISO 50 001)
- Categories of non-certified office buildings, possibly classified into homogeneous subcategories of size if there are many candidates
- Category higher education buildings
- Category state buildings
- Category public buildings and local authorities
- Category buildings of the DROM
- Category semi-industrial buildings
- Category commercial buildings
- Category international building
Podiums and prizes
For each of the above categories, a “podium” will be declared consisting of a winner, a runner-up and a third, with the corresponding prizes being a gold, silver and bronze CUBE respectively.
In addition, on each previous podium, when the performance revealed by the competition will have been the result of a beautiful collaboration :
- Between a user and their landlord,
- Between a user and his energy efficiency consultant (operator, design office, energy manager…)
- For collective housing buildings, a manager and the residents (represented by the residents’ committee).
This collaboration, with their approval, will be honored: both will be on the podium, an article will be written.
Some thematic prizes:
Three thematic prizes for tertiary buildings will also be awarded:
- Category “greenhouse gases” (focus on CO2 progression),
- Best progression of the park: the company or organization that made the greatest savings on all the buildings declared in the competition (more than 5 buildings),
- Category Other Continents and Overseas Departments and Regions,
- Better communication/awareness campaign
The tool for processing the candidates’ contact information will be declared to the CNIL.
As this is a program of general interest, candidates will not be approached in the context of the competition on energy-saving assistance, unless explicitly requested by the candidate.
Similarly, as this is a program of general interest, the information entered will not be used in a commercial context.
The site description and energy consumption data collected for the competition are not made public in any way, except for the three winners of each category of the competition in a summary manner.
During the monthly publication of the rankings, only the names of the first twenty candidates in the general ranking and the first three candidates in each category are made public.
The participants give the right to a non-nominative use, without reference to the buildings or to the company or organization, of the consumption data collected for the purpose of disseminating statistical results of the contest (average savings over the entire contest, standard deviations or any other statistical interpretations, etc.)